We can transform your life with new countries, new cultures, a new family and new friends! These aren’t tourist trips, you’ll live like a local and get a genuine taste for life in another culture. You’ll be treated as one of the family and get great support from AFS. AFS provides two month, five month and ten month long school programmes.
Student exchanges are for students that want to see the world as it really is – experience life as a teenager in another culture! Live with a host family that will feel just as much family as your own parents and siblings in New Zealand. Make your own friends at your new school, learn a new language from scratch and of course meet other AFS students from all over the world.
Every year more than 200 young Kiwi’s head overseas to one of 50 partner countries! Tailor your exchange to suit your studies.
And…. it looks good on your CV – employers are impressed by people who are up for new challenges.
The application process is simple:
- Decide to do start your journey to become a global citizen
- Fill in our short pre-application form, chat with our friendly staff who can answer any questions that you and your parents may have
- Read the detailed information that we send to you about your chosen programme, discuss the information with your parents and make sure the whole family is on board
- Request our full application form and submit your application for review by AFS NZ
- Undertake your interview with one of our volunteers or staff
- Once your application is accepted you’ll receive your exchange info pack
- Pay your $450 deposit and sign your exchange paperwork
- The journey begins
- Your application will be reviewed by your host country before final acceptance is confirmed