Spend one month at a Danish “EFTERSKOLE” exploring cultural differences, learning about Danish culture, enjoying exciting leisure activities, visiting a Danish home and in general experiencing daily life at the Danish international efterskole, Ranum Efterskole College.
A little about the Danish “Efterskole” concept:
In Denmark there is a special type of residential school offering young people the possibility to complete 10th grade in a “live-in and learn” school – in an exciting and safe environment which provides the young people with the opportunity to self develop, mature and to get new angles and inspiration regarding their future study and career.
Ranum Efterskole College
Throughout the program the students will live, eat and study at the Ranum Efterskole College. Ranum Efterskole College is a large residential school which is situated in the country-side approx. one hour’s drive from the city of Aalborg and 4 hours’ drive from
Copenhagen. The school itself offers a dynamic and socially developing environment with social, creative and sports activities being organized for students in their spare time and weekends. The area of the school is very peaceful and safe and the students are free to leave the school grounds in their spare time (during day time) to go to the adjoining village or surrounding areas.
You can read more about the school at:
Programme description and learning aspects:
- By studying at a Danish school together with Danish and international students, you will learn about Danish culture and language and develop your intercultural competency.
- You will have a choice between various recreational activities such as music, dance, sports, gastronomy, climbing, sailing, martial arts, fitness, etc.
- You will board in 3-6-person rooms together with Danish students and also study together with them. In that way you will have close contact to Danish students.
- You will get a visit to a Danish family.
- During your stay at the school, you will be part of the vibrant social life at the school and interact with Danish and international students also staying at the school.
- There will be excursions and other social activities organized during vacant weekends and evenings
- At the end of the program an end-of-stay evaluation will be organized. Participants will receive a certificate of participation from Ranum Efterskole College with details of the program curriculum.
- Please note that the programme in January includes a 6-10-day study trip to a European destination and that the programme in October includes a 5-day excursion to Copenhagen. Therefore, the participation fee for those two programmes is higher than for the other programmes.