AFS Intercultural Programs, New Zealand (AFS NZ) is committed to ensuring high quality experiences for all of its participants.
We welcome and invite feedback of a positive or critical nature as the basis for continuous improvement of our programs and services.
You may lodge a complaint about any matter that has occurred in your dealings with AFS NZ, whether this is with a local volunteer, AFS NZ Staff member, or a member of the AFS NZ Board of Directors.
If your complaint concerns the immediate welfare of a current student, host family or other AFS participant and requires URGENT attention, please contact your local volunteer or the AFS Programme Manager on 0800 600 300 or info[email protected]
In responding to your complaint, we will be committed to the adhering to the following principles:
- Prompt action: Your complaint will be acknowledged once received. A detailed response will generally be provided to you ASAP. If we are unable to respond within 4 weeks we will advise you of the reasons for delay and expected date on which our response will be provided;
- Objectivity: Your complaint will be investigated by a senior volunteer or staff member who was not involved in the situation about which you are complaining;
- Confidentiality: The privacy of all involved in the situation that is the subject of your complaint, and confidentiality will be respected;
- Responsiveness: Our response to you will address to specific matters of your complaint and provide details of what we intend to do to address the issues raised in your complaint;
- Low cost: We will strive to minimize any expense involved in your submission of a complaint to AFS NZ;
- Opportunity for Review: If you are dissatisfied with the response initially provided your complaint, you may request escalation for further review, to a more senior staff member, or the Board of Directors of AFS NZ.
- Convenience: You may make your complaint verbally or in writing, in person, by telephone, or email. If you make a verbal complaint, we will create a written record of your complaint and provide it to your with our acknowledgement for your record.
How can I make a complaint?
Choose one of the following options:
- Raise your complaint with a local AFS volunteer;
- Write to the National Director, AFS Intercultural Programs, NZ, PO Box 5662, Wellington 6145
- Telephone AFS NZ’s National Office toll free on 0800 600 300
- Email your complaint to the Programme Manager [email protected]