By hosting a Teacher, your school will have the opportunity to:
• Bring the culture alive for your students
• Engage students with a fully qualified teacher from another country
• Challenge your students to learn a new culture and language
• Bring authentic resources into your classrooms
• Develop your students’ understanding of other cultures and traditions
• Enable sharing of experiences between students, teachers and families.
These intercultural learning opportunities are free for participating schools and occur throughout the year.
Our school vision is “Grow People to Thrive”. Hosting is a privilege because we get to showcase New Zealand’s gorgeous culture and the rich diversity that is reflected in our school. It is an opportunity to grow our students, teachers and community’s understanding and appreciation of the cultures of the world that we live in, and I hope this is the same for our guest. The experience is hands-on learning and real. I believe that the hosting of AFS teachers will enrich our school environment as well as our guests. This is another way we ‘Grow People to Thrive’, at our school. Kelly Barker, Acting Principal, Hampton Hill School
If your school is interested in hosting an AFS teacher in 2017, please contact Prue Elwood- Educator Programme Development for more information
04 903 2275
Follow us on Facebook and keep up to date
‘Bringing culture alive in the classroom’